Saturday, October 18, 2014

1977 Harley FX Frontend, Acme Trees and Spoolie Wheel



 
 
These 3 pictures show the frontend before the first assembly. I actually ended up taking the legs apart again before the final assembly and that was to get the lower sliders nickel plated and the legs cut down 2.5 inches. Putting them at 22.5 inches in length, stock is 23, for the Showa 35mm. I run Acme triple trees. I have gotten a lot of good feedback on these trees, people dig 'em on this setup. Back to the lowers, I turned them down on my buddies South Bend Lathe. I had to feather them in after with an air sander to make it look uniform across the tube. I polished them probably three or four times because the shop that plated them messed them up. I had to have them stripped then repolished, dipped and then color buffed when all was said and done. Final result was pretty good though. I sourced the wheel and tire combo from Bob's Cycle supply in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment