Friday, October 17, 2014

Nobody Rides For Free





This whole bike began back in the summer of 2011. It sat in my garage for about 8 months in Las Vegas. After that I trailered it back to Illinois. where it sat in a friend's shed for another 6 months. Then I brought it to my little brother's place in Milwaukee where it sat for another 4 months. Now we're going to Tarantino it and tell you how I acquired the bike.
My Girlfriend at the time was looking for a sporty for herself. While searching for her own bike, she found a post for a 47 harley on craigslist for $2400. She's like, "look babe! isn't that a knucklehead?" She loaned me the green from her sporty fund towards the purchase of the 47 Harley you see before you. Too bad homeboy was dyslexic and about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
I showed up hoping to find a basketcase Knuckle for cheap. My belief is over the last couple years, shits become even harder to come by unless you have the cheddar. Anyway, my guy had a combo frame and the engine had 49 numbers in it. Granted, at a glance, both looked passable but were bogus. This engine was a cone shovelhead with a cut frame and no title.
I was like forget it and I got him to take $1500. We do the bill of sale, I asked him for an ID. This sorry bastard is fresh out. He said "No ID sorry. Here is my release form from the D.O.C." I  thought, You've gotta be kidding me. Against my better judgment, which this isn't my first offense, I bought it. My thought was, if anything,  I could sell the parts or use em.
At the very least, the ride home was interesting. Down Boulder HWY I went into Las Vegas/Henderson area. No Breaks, a foot clutch and loose ape hangers. I thought, fuck it we'll make it and we did. The following pictures will show you after I got the bike home and the aftermath.  I call it the "King of Hearts."   

No comments:

Post a Comment