Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mock Up on The "King of Hearts"

   
 
 
 
 









 
 






 
 



 
 







Oh yeah, this is the fun part, sweetheart. You've been mustering up that creative voodoo to get your lazy ass off that couch all week and finally the balls a rollin. You now have all or most of the parts you 've been saving up for two years and alas the time has come. But it's winter, and the garage is as cold as Michael Jackson's hands on a little boys back. Enough of the excuses, lets build this sucker!

If I've learned anything in the garage it's that #1 you gotta have tunes going at all times to keep the morale up and #2 you also gotta have beer or whiskey readily available to bribe people when you need an extra hand. It's the Chicago way pal.
I estimated if I could just get the wheels on it and make it a rolling chassis, I'd be inspired to keep going; and that's just what I did. The initial mock up actually went very smooth. I just wasn't quite sure about the height of the frontend. That being said, I took it back apart for the third time and cut 2.5 inches off the tubes before final assembly.

The tank is a Friscod Sporty and holds just under 3 gallons. The bars have 10 inches rise and were sourced from Union Speed and Style, however I had to cut a little meat off of em so we don't take anybody's side mirrors off by mistake. The grip area lost a couple of inches and so did the center of the bars. I think they came out pretty nice after nickeling. I bent up the rear fender bracket using an idea I watched Jesse James do years ago on Monster Garage. I took 3 feet of C channel and bolted a 5 pound Golds Gym weight to it followed by a little MAP gas. I bent four of them by hand till I found the right one you see in the final picture. Come to find out after all was said and done, "oh yeah, there's a pipe bender in the shed."

Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment