Friday, October 24, 2014

Plan For The Worst, Hope For The Best

Well, it's nearing the end of the riding season this year for us here in Chicago. I don't want to believe it, but it is. The good news is for us Midwesterners, we can catch up on all those loose ends we've been putting off on our bikes or make some head way with an on going project lurking in the garage till the time comes that we resurrect them from the dead.

However, this weekend there will be a poker run of sorts, put on by a local club. The ride will be starting early as shit (09:00) on the northwest side of town and heading down to Pontiac, IL via good ole Route 66. I like these group rides and being that it could be the last one for the year, (hope not) I wanna make it count.

 The King of Hearts finally was completed this past June. Since it's completion I've had really only one break down. It was the first ride I took after the customary shake down run, then I felt it was ready for the highway. Nope, I must have forgotten to put lock tight on those damn generator bolts. Fucker just about fell off on HWY 94 heading up to Kenosha, Wisconsin. I looked down on the bike for a systems check as I was whippin past a semi truck and playing slalom with the suburban mini vans, and then I said. "That isn't suppose to be like that." The generator was bouncing around the saddle of the engine case like a kid in Toys R Us. I'm outta of the game and benched on the side of the road for the first time in a long time. After I'm done wiping my tears away, I finally get back on the road but this time in the bed of a pickup truck. I'm reflecting on this moment because if there's anything you can count on, it's when an event is coming up and you want to attend it, your scooter might take the opportunity to test your patience. We're not gonna let that happen.

The weather this weekend is suppose to be in the 60's and just beautiful out. So I have been going over the sled with a fine tooth comb, making sure shit doesn't rear it's ugly head.  I began with adjusting the valves, fixed that annoying exhaust gasket leak, tranny oil change and lastly I replaced a smashed up floorboard from a fixed gear bike I had to smoke last weekend. She's good to go.

I will be posting some pics from this weekends run, so check back you exhaust suckin freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment